The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) a:
Postdoctoral researcher in Civil Engineering (M/F)
Computational modelling and experimental techniques of fracture mechanics in concrete
The computational modelling of concrete structures from nanoscopic scale to macroscopic scale by taking into account the complex material properties of concrete constitutes still a challenging task. The proposed research will concentrate on the formulation of numerical models based on Phase Field Simulation for the calculation of crack propagation in real structures coupling multi-physics processes such as:
• Chemo-thermo-mechanical problems
• Heat of hydration and thermal expansion
• Material strength development
• Autogenous shrinkage
• Basic creeping, thermal transient creeping
Furthermore, the calculation of the mechanical response of interfacial cracking in heterogeneous materials with complex microstructures and hardening retracing the crack initiation, propagation and coalescence will also be studied.
• Research on Phase Field Modelling, supervision of PhD students, preparation of project applications
• Disseminate results through scientific publications and talks at conferences
• Co-coordination of doctoral students
• Assist in the strategic organization of research activities
• Limited teaching activity
• Excellent PhD in the field of Computational Engineering
• Independence in research
• Willingness to integrate into the existing team
• Very good written and oral skills in English
Applications (Motivation letter including CV, PDF PhD thesis (or open access link if applicable), copies of diplomas including full list of grades) must be sent online.
The job advertisement will be published until filled. Only complete applications will be considered. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.