We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated candidate for PD researcher in the field of Mathematical Physics at the Institut de Mathématiques de Bourgogne (IMB), Dijon, France. The position will be funded for 24 months, and the expected starting date is in September 2019.
The successful candidate is supposed to pursue research projects related to Mathematical Physics, in particular, mathematical aspects of quantum field theory, conformal field theory, random matrix theory, integrable system, their applications to condensed-matter physics/statistical mechanics, string theory, gauge theory, etc. The research interests of the Mathematical Physics group at the IMB also include deformation quantization and its applications, spin chains, general relativity and gravitational theories, quantum groups, dispersive partial differential equations, and spectral analysis.
Supervisor(s) Kimura, Taro
The candidate must have PhD (or equivalent) degree in theoretical physics or mathematics, and exhibit scientific excellence in the field of Mathematical Physics.
Keywords:Quantum Field Theory, Conformal FieldTheory, Integrable System, Statistical Mechanics, String Theory, Gauge Theory
Depending on the type of position
Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by e-mail to email@example.com :
1) For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
2) Curriculum Vitae (may include hyperlinks to your personal web page, ResearcherID, Research Gate, Google Scholar accounts).
3) List of publications (may include hyperlinks to DOI of publications).
4) Letter of motivation relatively to the position (Cover Letter) in which applicants describe themselves and their contributions to previous research projects
5) Copy of your PhD degree if already available.
6) Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your master thesis supervisor):
Title, Name, organization, e-mail.