The professorship Medical Systems Biology of the University Cancer Center (UCC) Dresden is specialized in the scientific field of functional genomics and genome editing. Our research group is distinguished by numerous national and international collaboration partners, which guarantee a high level of innovation and interdisciplinarity.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x)
at the earliest possible starting date. This full-time position is according to the TV-L -conditions (E13; 100%) and is initally offerd for three years.
The here offered position will focus on addressing scientific questions in the area of genome editing based on sequence-specific recombinases, in particular design and analyzes of evolved target-specific recombinases. The research activities will include, among others, the isolation and characterization of evolved recombinase enzymes, off-target analyzes, validation of genome editing tools in mammalian cell systems as well as preclinical testing of recombinase enzymes for a variety of diseases.
• PhD degree in the field of molecular biology and/or genetics or an equivalent scientific Background
• comprehensive experience in cell biology, molecular biology as well as biochemistry
• comprehensive laboratory experiences (DNA / RNA isolation, cloning techniques, PCR, DNA sequencing, genome editing, etc.)
• Extensive experience in independent scientific work
• Practical experience and valid certificate for carrying out animal experiments is an Advantage
• Confident knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Excellent communication skills and high team Spirit
• Strong sense of responsibility and reliable way of working
• An experienced international team and competent international collaboration Partners
• An interesting, autonomous and varying activity in the scientific area of genome surgery
• An interface between human medicine and research; and the opportunity of translating research results into clinical application
• A pleasant and open communication working Environment
• Participation in further education and qualification opportunities
Female candidates are expressly invited to submit their application, the same also applies to disabled people.
Applications received by 30th of June 2019 will get full consideration. Please submit your detailed strongly stated application including a CV, a list of publication, a summary of current/past research (1-2 pages), a description of future research (1-2 pages) and two or three letters of recommendation as one PDF-file with Registration number UCB0919650 via Email to: email@example.com