The research group Virus Interaction Proteomics at the Institute for Experimental Virology, TWINCORE in Hannover, Germany, is recruiting a research associate (postdoc) on a 2-year 4-months position in virology to pursue a project aiming at elucidating and characterizing host factors associated with human noroviruses.
- Purify and characterize norovirus exosomes from patient samples.
- Perform statistical calculations downstream bioinformatic analyses.
- Communicate proteomics data to our computer scientist partners.
- Test purified norovirus samples in organoid culture systems for infectivity.
- Evaluate the efficacy of disinfectants towards patient derived norovirus.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings of the PRESENt consortium.
- PhD in infection biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Relevant experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Interest in protein biochemistry of virus-host interactions.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to deliver results to required standard and organize and prioritize own work.
Please apply through the online portal by 01.09.2019