Postdoctoral Researcher – Electrochemical Energy Storage (Supercapacitors and Flow Batteries), Dubai
Position Code: 53103
Area: 4th Industrial Revolution
Program: Advance Materials
The DEWA R&D Centre is looking to fill the vacancy of a Postdoctoral researcher to contribute in project for design/modeling, fabrication, characterization, and testing of novel high-energy supercapacitor and novel high-power vanadium-redox-flow battery. Specifically, the Postdoctoral researcher will:
- Develop and conduct research in areas of: novel high-energy supercapacitor and novel high-power vanadium-redox-flow battery,
- Develop and integrate new proof-of-concepts (TRL 1-2), and subsequently realize the engineering prototype (TRL 3-5),
- Design, model, simulate, fabricate, test, characterize, troubleshoot key parts of supercapacitor and vanadium-redox-flow battery, and
- Deliver final prototypes of supercapacitor and vanadium-redox-flow battery which meet the requirements.
The project requires an understanding of electrochemistry, simulation/modeling, material fabrication techniques, material characterization techniques, and engineering-integration of many components of supercapacitor and vanadium-redox-flow battery. The candidate should be proficient in the fundamental concept of electrochemistry and ability to translate it to hands-on experimental works to produce novel outcome.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 3 years with potential for extension
- Scopus-indexed publication record.
- Intellectual property (patent) record.
- Strong research experience with supercapacitor and vanadium-redox-flow battery.
- Extensive experience with materials fabrication (synthesis, processing, and post-treatment).
- Extensive experience with materials characterization (imaging, spectroscopy, physical characterization, thermal characterization, mechanical characterization, electrical & optical characterization, and electrochemical characterization).
- Experience with multi-physics simulation (thermal, flow, electrochemistry, etc.)
- PhD in a related discipline e.g. Material Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Interdisciplinary Engineering, etc.
- Scopus-indexed publication record
- Research experience with supercapacitor or redox-flow battery
- Basic experience with materials fabrication (synthesis, processing, or post-treatment)
- Basic experience with materials characterization (imaging, spectroscopy, physical characterization, thermal characterization, mechanical characterization, electrical & optical characterization, or electrochemical characterization)
- Basic knowledge of multi-physics simulation
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
The package offered is competitive and in line with regional and global standards. DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.