The German Diabetes Center (DDZ), Leibniz Institute for Diabetes Research at the Heinrich Heine University (HHU) Düsseldorf is an interdisciplinary research institute that links basic and clinical sciences to improve prevention, diagnosis and therapy of Diabetes mellitus and its complications.
The Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry (director: Prof. Dr. Hadi Al-Hasani) investigates the molecular mechanisms of onset and progression of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes using unique biological models and state-of-the-art instrumentation. For a new study focused on investigating insulin signaling in skeletal muscle, and the effect of muscle contraction and physical exercise on cellular metabolism, we are looking for a highly motivated and talented
Post-doctoral Researcher Bioinformatics/Computational Biology/Proteomics
with excellent skills, research track record and knowledge in comprehensive analysis of protein mass spectrometry data to join our international and collaborative team in an outstanding and competitive scientific environment.
· Conduct mass spectroscopy data analyses related to posttranslational protein modifications (e.g.
phosphorylation) in insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
· Improve existing procedures for quantitative measurements and quality control of proteomics
· Develop novel tools for pathway mapping, visualization of proteomics data, signaling cascades in diabetes and use in precision medicine.
· PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology or related.
· Prior experience in computational analysis of large-scale data sets, proteome profiling by mass-spectrometry.
· Advanced programming skills (e.g. R, Python).
· Knowledge in statistical methods in the context of biological systems.
· Independent and creative thinking.
· Excellent communication skills in English.
· The position is awarded for 2 years and an extension of the contract period is envisaged.
· Support towards independent, responsible and flexible work.
· Family-friendly working conditions and professional equality. Since May 2011, the DDZ has been
certified by the “career and family audit”. The provision of section §7 (1) of the Part-Time and Fixed-
Term Act is taken into account.
· Salary is regulated by the collective agreement for the civil service of the state (TV-L) in the version
valid for the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
· Severely handicapped persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
· Women are given preference for equal qualifications.
Please submit your application (motivation letter,CV, certificates/records) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration and further processing of your application is carried out in the DDZ primarily by electronic data processing. The data protection regulations apply. By applying, the candidate agrees to this procedure.
Deutsche Diabetes-Forschungsgesellschaft e.V.
Personal; Auf’m Hennekamp 65, 40225 Düsseldorf