Postdoctoral research opportunity focusing on the improvement of diagnosis and therapy of thrombotic and inflammatory diseases such as myocardial infarction and atherosclerosis.
The Atherothrombosis and Vascular Biology Laboratory at the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, has a strong translational orientation. This is a position for 12 months with provision to extend dependent upon project progress and funding.
Preferred expertise and field of research:
- Biotechnology, particularly recombinant antibody design and production
- Nanotechnology for imaging and therapy
- Pre-clinical molecular imaging (Ultrasound, MRI, PET, CT and/or fluorescence imaging)
- Molecular biology including cloning, cell biology, tissue culture, Western blotting and (immuno) histology
- Flow cytometric analysis of human and mouse cells and tissue
- Immunofluorescence staining and imaging of murine cells and tissues using confocal, epifluorescent, intravital and multiphoton microscopy
- Animal handling intravenous and intraperitoneal injections
- Preclinical models such as atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction and other cardiac diseases
For full position description including key duties and responsibilities, please contact Laboratory Manager Ms Ana Maluenda: firstname.lastname@example.org