Postdoctoral Researcher – Artificial Intelligence, Dubai
Position Code: 53102
Area: 4th Industrial Revolution
Program: Artificial Intelligence
The DEWA R&D Centre is recruiting a Postdoctoral researcher to contribute in project for cloud forecasting. Specifically, the researcher will develop and test:
- AI algorithms using image processing for short-term irradiance prediction.
- AI algorithms for weather and solar output correlations.
The project requires an understanding of the effects of shading on solar panels. The candidate should be proficient in image processing and data analysis for predictive models and should be comfortable to learn additional ones. The project is part of an international collaboration with Stanford University.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 3 years with potential for extension
- Scopus-indexed publication record.
- Experience with optimization and programming packages (Python, R, MATLAB, Java, C++, Lisp, Prolog, etc.).
- Previous experience in solar and weather-related analysis.
- PhD in a related discipline e.g. Computer science, Electronic and Electrical engineering, Information technology Engineering etc.
- Image processing and data analysis experience.
- Statistical analysis and optimization package knowledge.
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
The package offered is competitive and in line with regional and global standards. DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.