A postdoctoral research scientist position is available in the Danino laboratory at Columbia University. The laboratory’s research broadly includes synthetic biology, quantitative biology, and cancer. Two primary areas of interest are in engineering of dynamic gene circuits and microbial diagnostics/therapeutics for cancer. See the laboratory’s website for more information: http://daninolab.nyc. The lab is located on the Morningside campus of Columbia University in the Northwest Corner Building.
Candidates must have or be expecting a PhD and/or MD to apply.
Experience working with bacteria and molecular cloning. General molecular biology techniques.
1. The ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, following appropriate training.
2. Knowledge of basic chemical and/or biological terminology and techniques.
3. Ability to research literature applicable to the field.
4. Ability to present experimental data to lab members and the Principal Investigator.
6. Ability to perform work in a neat and orderly manner in accordance with safety regulations.
7. Computer literacy: proficiency with Microsoft Office and other graphical and data analysis software.
8. Excellent motivation, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Molecular biology techniques: restriction digest, PCR, quantitative
PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis, mutagenesis, Gibson assembly,
Technology: Familiar with microscopy, MATLAB
The goals for the position are to build and successfully execute an exciting, independent project within the labs research program through collaboration with the PI and lab members. In addition to mentorship from the PI, Columbia University provides an extensive postdoctoral training program to provide guidance in professional development, including workshops focused on grant writing, career development, networking and job searching within and outside of academia. The university offers an excellent benefits package, a competitive salary, and a beautiful working environment.
RAPS posting date: 08/09/2019
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Applications, including a cover letter, CV, brief research interests/background, and the names of three references must be submitted online. Please contact Dr. Tal Danino at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Start Date: 10/01/2019
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer —Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.