The position is located within the Tau Biology Group in the Neuroscience Discovery organization at Ludwigshafen and will support a European Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Project. The accomplished neurobiologist will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of new therapeutic approaches to neurodegenerative diseases in a collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to develop and execute complex neuronal models of Tau pathology with a focus on Alzheimer Disease. Experience with molecular and cellular biology, neuronal cell culture, microfluidic devices and confocal microscopy would be an asset. The position is offered for 2 years.
- Designing disease-relevant assays and methods to support AbbVie’s contributions and efforts in the IMI project IMPRiND (Inhibiting Misfolded Protein Propagation in Neurodegenerative Disease).
- Independently design, execute, analyze and interpret experiments to address key scientific questions.
- Contribute to identify new targets, design and execute target validation studies.
- Design, establish and validate neuronal models for Alzheimer Disease.
- Identify, develop and optimize new techniques to address critical project needs.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to support scientific discussions.
- Collaborate with other groups in discovery, developmental sciences and global colleagues.
Education and qualification:
- PhD in neuroscience, cell biology or related fields with at least 2 years of postdoctoral or equivalent industrial experience. Experience in drug discovery would be an advantage.
- Track-record in neurodegenerative diseases would be desirable.
- Expertise in protein biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, including method development and validation.
- Expertise with culturing primary neurons and/or iPSC-derived neurons and their genetic manipulation.
- Detailed knowledge on establishing neuronal models in microfluidic devices would be an advantage.
- Very good skills in planning and coordination of complex interdisciplinary studies.
- A high degree of self-initiative, independency, flexibility and curiosity.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English (written and oral).
- Ability to present scientific activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
We offer you:
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time