Postdoctoral Research Positions (scientist; w/d/m) zu sofort gesucht
Institut für Humangenetik
The Hannover Medical School, Department of Human Genetics (head: Prof. Schlegelberger/ co-head: Prof. Illig) is seeking applications for
Postdoctoral Research Positions (scientist)
as support in our research projects on genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic alterations in childhood cancers. The successful applicant will be working on the analysis and evaluation of large genetic, epigenetic and clinical data sets for the investigation of the epigenomic mechanisms underlying dysregulations in childhood cancer. This position includes, but is not limited to, establishing novel molecular techniques in the lab, identifying functionally relevant differentially methylated regions and associated genes, and the integration of research results with clinical data. Moreover, wet-lab work will be complemented by the application and integration of in silico tools to predict pathogenicity of identified genetic variants and their molecular modelling. You will be part of a highly motivated multidisciplinary research team of clinicians and scientists working on the clinical translation “from bench to bedside”.
The position is part of the DFG-funded project and scientific network “The epigenomic landscape of childhood leukemia”.
- University Degree (PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Medicine, Bioinformatics, Bio-Mathematics or a related discipline)
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Experience in next-generation-sequencing application and analysis
- Experience in establishing novel molecular methods
- Highly motivated, reliable, ability to work independently
- Very good written and oral English and German
- Programming skills are highly welcome (e.g.C,C++,Python,Perl,R)
What we offer:
- A dynamic and multidisciplinary research group and campus with productive collaborations and many opportunities to broaden your professional skills
- Opportunity to establish your own career path
We enable you a collegial initial training and diverse training and development opportunities as well as an extensive health program for employees. In addition, we offer reliable family support and there is a day care center for children with emergency childcare. Furthermore, you will find the usual social benefits of the public service.
The MHH is certified as family-friendly university and stands for the promotion of women in the professional life. Applications of women are particularly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration.
The Hannover Medical School (MHH), with about 10.000 employees the biggest company of Lower Saxony, is a university institution for research and teaching in the human and dental medicine and a university hospital of supra-maximum medical care. Research, teaching, medical care and administration work hand in hand in the integration model at the MHH-campus.
You have any questions beforehand?
Mrs. PD Dr. Anke Katharina Bergmann will gladly answer them for you:
key ratio 183
General questions send to:
MHH Hannover Medical School