Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Full Time * New York, NY
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized postdoctoral fellow to provide key scientific support to a team of scientists conducting translational research in hematology, blood disorders and stem cell biology. Key for this position will be planning, conducting and analyzing cutting-edge independent scientific research in the laboratory.
- Performing cell culture, genomic analysis, biochemical assays, histology, flow cytometry and other molecular bench work
- Processing human and murine tissues
- Managing laboratory resources, ordering reagents and other lab supplies
- Managing mouse colonies, including genotyping
- Analyzing and interpreting data, assisting with drafting figures, results and methods for presentation and publication
- Supporting staff with multiple, concurrent projects and/or multi-faceted projects
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of the present scientific literature relating to the research in the laboratory.
- Presenting research findings to other members of the laboratory
To qualify, you must have a doctorate degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related field. Successful candidate will be a team player who can work well with others, both within the laboratory and beyond, and possesses hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, mouse handling, flow cytometry, and PCR analysis. Expertise with immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy, small animal procedures, ELISA assays and other molecular biology assays would be desired. You must be a quick-learner, who is able to follow new protocols, provide suggestions for improvement and multi-task experiments in a fast-paced environment. Good laboratory technique, superior problem-solving, organizational, oral/written communication skills are required.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability