Cures Start Here. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch) is an independent, nonprofit research institution and home of three Nobel laureates. Fred Hutch is dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. Together with our clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, we are the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Careers Start Here.
A highly qualified and self-motivated Research Associate/Senior Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is sought to join the laboratory of Dr. Sunil Hingorani at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Our laboratory investigates molecular and cellular mechanisms of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) pathogenesis. The murine models of distinct genetic subtypes of pancreas cancer that we have developed form the basis of our integrated, systematic, and multidisciplinary research program. Our efforts are directed at identifying and overcoming stromal barriers to treatment (including elevated interstitial pressures, activated fibroblasts, and multiple mechanisms of immune suppression); identifying and disrupting molecular drivers of metastasis; and developing immune-based treatment strategies. Our ultimate aim is to take our discoveries and reduce them to practice in the clinic in order to radically transform the approach and prognosis for patients with this devastating disease.
- Ph.D. in the field of molecular biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, cancer biology, immunology or genetics
- Demonstrated track record of at least 3 years of productive post-doctoral research experience in oncology, immune oncology and/or murine models
- Extensive experience with fundamental techniques in molecular and cellular biology, animal studies and procedures, flow cytometry, and primary cell isolation and culture
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are assumed
- Experience with generation and characterization of genetically engineered murine models, advanced imaging techniques, and/or gene targeting is highly desired
- Ability to think independently and creatively about experimental design
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.