Starting October 1st 2019, the newly established Chair of Metabolic Programming of Prof. Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d/) interested in genomic landscapes of immunometabolism.
The research activities of Prof. Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut are focused on functional genomics and preclinical models. Together with the Helmholtz Diabetes Center in Munich and the German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD), our lab combines genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics approaches with a variety of genetic in vivo and in vitro models to study gene regulatory mechanisms in health and disease.
Major areas of study include nuclear hormone receptors, innate immune responses, circadian clocks and metabolic homeostasis. Hot topics include the genomic effects of stress hormones (such as glucocorticoids) on diet induced disease pathologies and aging.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of Europe’s top universities. TUM is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists. Our international team is part of several larger research consortia in Munich.
Candidate profile / Required Qualifications
- outstanding postdoctoral researcher with a strong track record (high impact publications)
- PhD in life sciences with emphasis on molecular biology, genomics or physiology
- Practical experience in genomics (NGS), mammalian cells or mice and a broad range of molecular biological
- Excellent background (3+ years) of scientific quality and originality, as well as an interdisciplinary mindset.
- Curiosity-driven personality with the ability to pursue independent and original ideas
- Ability to handle large data sets in a structured and logical manner
- Solid scientific writing skills and a high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Determined, dedicated, flexible and responsible teamplayer
- Ambition and commitment to achieve excellence in a highly productive environment.
We offer a challenging interdisciplinary project at the interface of genomics, nutrition and biomedicine, well-equipped laboratories with top-notch facilities and a highly collaborative international atmosphere. The postdoctoral candidate will be involved in teaching activities at the TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan. We support the candidate’s career path to independence with the opportunity to obtain the habilitation (postdoctoral lecture qualification), to apply for independent funding, publish prominent papers, supervise students/fellows and to develop their own research focus.
Applicants will be selected based on a track record of research excellence, ability to develop a robust research program, and the potential for sustained peer-reviewed funding.
The position is immediately available. Salary will be determined according to the German collective wage agreement in public service (TV-L). Appointment is full time and will be initially for two years with the possibility of renewal. Given your involvement in both research and teaching, this position may be used towards a habilitation.
For full consideration, applications including motivation letter, CV, publication list, certificates and two recommendation letters or references should be sent as a single document via e-mail to by latest Oct 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. We give priority to severely disabled applicants with essentially equal qualifications.
Technical University of Munich
Prof. Dr. N. H. Uhlenhaut Gregor-Mendel-Str. 2
85354 Freising, Germany
Phone: +49 89 3187 2052
Find out more about us at www.tum.de.