Laboratory of Dr. Bijan K Dey
The RNA Institute, University at Albany
State University of New York (SUNY)
Albany, New York
Research Focus: Non-coding RNAs, epigenetics, and epitranscriptomics in skeletal muscle stem cell biology, muscle development, and muscle degenerative diseases
The Dey Lab (https://www.rna.albany.edu/bijan-k-dey-lab/) at the RNA Institute of the State University of New York (SUNY), Albany is looking for a talented and motivated postdoc who will be working on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and American Heart Association (AHA) funded research projects. We study the function of non-coding RNAs and epigenetics in skeletal muscle stem cell biology, muscle development, and muscle degenerative diseases including Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). The successful applicant will use a variety of cutting edge molecular cell biology, stem cell biology, genetic and epigenetic techniques, and relevant mouse models to understand muscle physiology and pathophysiology at the cellular and molecular level. Our aim is to understand the fundamental molecular mechanism of muscle development and to devise innovative therapeutic and diagnostic platforms for DMD and related muscle degenerative diseases.
Ideal applicants should:
• Hold a PhD in molecular cell biology, developmental biology, molecular genetics, regenerative medicine, or related areas of biological sciences.
• Have a strong interest in muscle development and muscle degenerative diseases.
• Have experience in molecular cell biology, muscle physiology and mouse genetics (preferred).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
• Be an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a strong curiosity and a desire to learn.
• Have strong record of productivity and good publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
• The position is available immediately.
The Candidate will join the outstanding research community at The RNA Institute (https://www.rna.albany.edu/) and the State University of New York (SUNY) Albany (https://www.albany.edu/), and have the opportunity to interact with scientists at nearby institutions including Albany Medical College, Wadsworth Center – New York State Laboratories, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), and the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE). The RNA Institute at the University at Albany is a unique national research center focused on basic RNA biology and developing tools and analytics for advancing RNA therapeutics development, by catalyzing innovation through collaborative research with academic and corporate partners in the translational health sciences. We provide supportive mentorship for career development and opportunities tailored towards individual career goals and strengths.
Interested candidates should email their CV, the names and contact information of 3 referees, and a cover letter explaining their interest to email@example.com.