The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences – ISAS – e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In a third-party funded project in Dortmund for research and development in the field of mass spectrometry and proteomics we invite applications for a
Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f/d).
You will be responsible for:
- Development of mass spectrometry-based methods for the detection of proteomes and posttranslational modification, e.g. protein phosphorylation, acetylation, methylation.
- Development and validation of LC-MS methods to quantify peptides with posttranslational modification
- Analysis of crosstalk between such modification
- Coordination, planning, documentation and execution of analyses
- Care and maintenance of LC-MS / MS systems
- Reporting, presentation and discussion of complex results with cooperation partners
- Presentation of the results in the form of scientific publications as well as posters and lectures at national and international congresses
- University degree in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, pharmacy or a similar subject
- Good knowledge in the field of mass spectrometry / proteomics
- Good knowledge in the field of pre-analytics, in particular tissue samples and plasma.
- Safe handling of software for data evaluation
- Safe handling of mass spectrometers, e.g. Q Exactive HF and/or Triple Quadrupole devices and nano-LC instruments
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Team player with good communication skills
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered until 30th of June 2022. The position is available immediately.
Closing date for application is 26th of June 2019. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number N_14/2019 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de.