UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Alejandro Ocampo. Our group is part of the Department of Biomedical Sciences of the University of Lausanne. Our goal is to understand the role of epigenetic dysregulation as driver of aging and disease, and develop novel therapeutic interventions against aging based on epigenetic reprogramming. (https://www.unil.ch/dpt/en/home/menuinst/recherche/group-ocampo.html)
Expected start date in position: 01.05.2020 or to be agreed
Contract duration: 1 year, renewable up to a maximum of 5 year depending on performance.
Location: Lausanne, UNIL-Bugnon
The candidate for this position will focus on the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data to investigate the role of epigenetic dysregulation as driver of aging. In addition, the candidate will participate in the development of novel therapeutic strategies based on epigenetic reprogramming for the treatment of aging. The candidate is expected to:
- Analyze NGS data generated in-house or available in public databases.
- Apply available bioinformatic tools and pipelines.
- Develop new bioinformatic pipelines and algorithms for the analysis of large NGS datasets.
- Manage and store large NGS datasets.
- Present and interpret results, formulate hypotheses, and design experiments.
- Provide bioinformatic support for the laboratory.
- Establish close interactions with the rest of the members of the laboratory.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline.
- Experience in the analysis of NGS data (e.g. RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, and BS-seq).
- Proficiency working with existing bioinformatic tools and developing new algorithms.
- Excellent bioinformatic and programming skills (e.g. Perl, Python, C/C++, R).
- Good knowledge and experience of NGS and HTS sample preparation procedures.
- Ability to present results, ideas, problems, and find solutions.
- Creativity and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English (oral and written). French is a plus.
- High motivation. Willingness to change the world.
What the position offers you
A dynamic, stimulating, interdisciplinary research environment, state-of-the-art technologies, cutting-edge core facilities, and attractive employment conditions in addition to be living in Switzerland.
Contact for further information
Prof. Alejandro Ocampo
Applications should include a motivation letter, complete CV and contact information of three referees. Please send your full application in PDF format.
Only applications through the University of Lausanne website will be taken into account. Please use this link to apply for the position: www.bit.ly/38uFGhI
We thank you for your understanding.
UNIL is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.