About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, and diagnostics. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network.
A postdoctoral position in neuroscience is available in the team of “Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases (EPD)” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group, led by Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst, is to understand factors that regulate oligodendrocyte development and dissect the dysregulated molecular mechanisms underlying myelination deficits, in particular hypomyelination in Schizophrenia.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. degree in cell biology, neurobiology or biochemistry and a strong background in mouse models of neurological diseases.
- A FELASA B certificate (or EU Function A and D or any equivalent certificate) is preferred.
- Experience with cell culture techniques, with preference on primary mouse neurons and/or oligodendrocytes.
- Experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy of mouse brain.
- Very good work organization skills.
- Willingness and ability to lead research assistants and/or Master students on their projects.
- Independent thinking.
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Candidates are requested to submit
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- Short outline of a potential contribution to the team (short description of ideas or experimental approaches to study hypomyelination in Schizophrenia with mouse models)
- Contact information of 2 referees.
What we offer
The position is available as of January 1st, 2020 and is offered for a limited term until Dec 31st, 2023.
BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Ebru Ercan Herbst before September 6th, 2019 via our online application system: https://apply.bio.mx/job/2019-J07