A Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Michaela Tencerova at the Institute of Physiology (IPHYS) Prague. IPHYS is a leading research institution in the field of normal and pathological physiology. It consists of a number of scientific and service department and shared equipment for the research (http://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/ ). IPHYS is also connected with the centers of excellence and is the partner of excellence project BIOCEV (including Mouse genotyping center) carried out jointly with other Academy of Sciences’ institutes and Charles University in Prague.
The research in the laboratory of Dr. Michaela Tencerova is focused on studying the physiological role of bone marrow adipose tissue in relation to bone and fat metabolism in metabolic complications. The successful applicant will work with murine and human cellular systems (bone marrow skeletal stem cells) and animal transgenic models applying high-throughput methods such as RNA sequencing, metabolomics, lipidomics, and bioenergetics. The research will be conducted in collaboration with prestige national and international laboratories in USA and Europe.
We are looking for:
- Highly motivated, independent, creative candidates with PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, medicine, pharmacology or related disciplines,
- advanced experience with molecular biology techniques, in vitro cell culture methods, cloning, animal work (metabolic assays, drug administration etc.)
- track record of scientific publications, capability of working in international team, great level of English in written and spoken form
- Working in international environment
- Competitive salary
- Social benefits (health insurance, contribution to pension, diets, courses)
- 6 weeks holiday + sick days
The position is available from 1 January 2020 or soon thereafter. The project duration is two-three years with the possibility for extension.
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV with the names and contact information of two-three references to email: Marcela.Tomaskova@fgu.cas.cz