The Shlomi Lab at TECHNION is looking for excellent and enthusiastic post-doctoral fellows for challenging research in the field of mass-spectrometry based metabolomics and lipidomics.
The lab studies how cellular metabolism is rewired in cancer cells and how this can be exploited for cancer diagnosis and treatment (https://metsysbio.net.technion.ac.il/). Towards this end, we combine quantitative experimental approaches with computational modelling. We expertise in mass-spectrometry based metabolomics, isotope tracing techniques, metabolic network modelling, and ‘omics’ data analysis. The lab is equipped with state-of-the-art mass-spectrometers and robotic sample preparation/liquid handling systems.
Research projects involve:
· Developing LC-MS methods for metabolomics and isotope tracing in cancer cells (supported by an ERC grant)
· Developing ultra-fast direct-infusion mass-spectrometry methods of serum samples for cancer diagnosis on a population scale (in collaboration with major Israeli healthcare organizations).
· Phd in chemistry/biotechnology
· Mass-spectrometry experience
· Strong analytical capabilities
For inquiries please contact Prof. Tomer Shlomi: email@example.com