A postdoctoral researcher is available immediately in the laboratory of Nanyang Assistant Professor Xue Li Guan(https://sites.google.com/site/lipidsinsystemshealthlab/).Our research adopts a systems-based approach to elucidate the critical roles of lipids in infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance. We capitalize on the integration of next generation mass-spectrometry based lipidomics, other –omics analyses,clinical microbiology and bioinformatics to tackle this critical global health problem. This position will expose the candidate to large-scale -omics datasets and clinical data, allowing us to dissect the complex metabolic networks of several deadly human disease-causing pathogens and to identify novel pathways/ candidates for potential intervention.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, as well as clinical and industry partners. In addition, he/she will also have access to leading edge facilities in LKCMedicine (www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg) and NTU.
1. Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, Systems Biology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, or a related field, and a strong background as demonstrated by journal publications in metabolic network reconstruction and analysis.
2. Experience in analysing metabolomics and/or lipidomics data and having a strong interest in microbial metabolism and biochemistry.
3. Experience in analysing constraint-based metabolic models will be an advantage
4. Proficient in programming (Java, C/C++, Perl, Python, R, Unix shell scripts)
5. Familiarity with high performance computing platforms and clusters, statistical software (e.g. SPSS/SAS) and bioinformatics webtools.
6. Possess relevant skill sets to develop new computational approaches and/or algorithms to address novel biological questions.
7. Working experience (either wet lab or dry lab) with microbiology and a proficiency in other programming languages such as Matlab are pluses.
8. The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate independent and critical thinking, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and an enthusiasm for learning new things.
9. Proven track record with publications in international peer reviewed journals
10. Able to supervise students and staff and work as a team
11. Involve in manuscript preparations
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply to Asst. Prof. Xue Li Guan (email: email@example.com) with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, and names and contacts of at least two references at your earliest convenience.
Only full application will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.