The Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense invites applications for a postdoctoral position embedded in the laboratories of the Biomolecular Nanoscale Engineering Center – BioNEC research unit. The research unit focuses on engineering of state-of-the-art oligonucleotide and peptide bioconjugates for applications in DNA-programmed chemistry, fusion of biomembranes and functional oligonucleotides for molecular sensing and oligonucleotide-based therapies.
We are seeking a highly motivated applicant to join our BioNEC research unit for our project on efficient targeted delivery of CRISPR/Cas gene editing tools in order to complement current oligonucleotide activities within BioNEC.
The ideal candidate has the following competences and skills:
- A PhD in molecular biology, bioorganic chemistry or related disciplines with a strong molecular biology background.
- A background in molecular biology techniques and bioconjugation.
- Documented research expertise for work with CRISPR/Cas systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (English) for effective teamwork across disciplines.
Additional valuable skills:
- research expertise in preparation and characterization of soft nanoparticles (liposomes)
- hands-on experience with HPLC/UHPLC/LC-MS
- esearch experience in automated synthesis of oligonucleotides and/or peptides.
Starting date: 1 September 2019 or soon thereafter. The position is for up to two years.
Deadline: 28 June 2019.
Please see the full call, including how to apply, on www.sdu.dk.