Postdoctoral positions are immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Christine Hong at the University of California in San Francisco, CA. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong background in molecular/cellular biology, stem cell biology, bone biology, biomaterials, animal surgeries and transgenic mouse models. Projects will focus on (1) Epigenetic regulation of stem cell biology and (2) tissue regeneration in transgenic mouse models.
Applicants should refer to the following publications :
- Hong C*, Song D, Lee DK, Lin L, Pan HC, Lee D, Deng P, Liu Z, Hadaya D, Lee HL, Mohammad A, Zhang X, Lee M, Wang CY, Ho D. Reducing Post-Treatment Relapse in Cleft Lip Palatal Expansion Using an Injectable Estrogen-Nanodiamond Hydrogel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Aug 29;114(35):E7218-E7225
- Lee HL, Yu B, Deng P, Wang CY, Hong C*. Transforming Growth Factor-?-Induced KDM4B Promotes Chondrogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Stem Cells. 2016 Mar;34(3):711-9
- Yu B, Huo L, Liu Y, Deng P, Szymanski J, Li J, Luo X, Hong C, Lin J, Wang CY.PGC-1a Controls Skeletal Stem Cell Fate and Bone-Fat Balance in Osteoporosis and Skeletal Aging by Inducing TAZ. Cell Stem Cell 2018 Aug 2;23(2):193-209
- Xu J, Yu B, Hong C, Wang CY. KDM6B Epigenetically Regulates Odontogenic Differentiation of Dental Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Int J Oral Sci. 2013 Dec;5(4):200-5
- Cheng Y, Yuan Q, Vergnes L, Rong X, Youn JY, Li J, Yu Y, Wang Y, Cai WH, Lin J, Tontonoz P, Hong C, Reue K, Wang CY. KDM4B Protects against Obesity and Metabolic Dysfunction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Jun 12;115(24):E5566-E5575
- Yu Y, Deng P, Yu B, Szymanski JM, Aghaloo T, Hong C*, Wang CY*. Inhibition of EZH2 Promotes Human Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation into Mesoderm by Reducing H3K27me3. Stem Cell Reports. 2017 Sep 12;9(3):752-761.
- Deng P, Zhou C, Alvarez R, Hong C, Wang CY. Inhibition of IKK/NF-?B Signaling Enhances Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells from Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2016 Apr 12;6(4):456-65
Applicants can find Dr. Christine Hong’s bio at UCLA website: https://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/directory/profile/christine-hong-dmd-ms
Applicants should have a PhD or MD and demonstrated relevant research experience and publication track record. Employment contract will be renewed yearly.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (with a list of experienced lab techniques), and names/email addresses of three references to Dr. Christine Hong at firstname.lastname@example.org.