The lab of biomedical microfluidics (LBMM) of Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) is looking for a bioinformatician analyzing single-cell RNAseq datasets. Our overall aim is the development of novel therapeutics (e.g. antibodies) against a variety of diseases, including cancer. The lab has a very translational focus and runs a tech development lab on the EPFL campus, a translational lab in the AGORA cancer research center (with direct access to patient material) and a startup company making the results of our research widely available.
The successful candidate will closely interact with other bioinformaticians at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, at Heidelberg University and at the University of Lausanne.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Analysis of single-cell RNAseq data sets.
- Analysis of barcoded DNA sequences.
- Outlier analysis.
- Preparation of data plots such as t-SNE, PCA.
- Help in the design of wet lab experiments.
Your profile :
- Hands on experience in the analysis of genomics data sets. Solid expertise in R, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of single-cell RNAseq workflows such as 10X genomics, DropSeq, Fluidigm.
- PhD in bioinformatics.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly motivated and keen to work in an interdisciplinary environment.