University of Idaho
Postdoctoral Fellow-Statistical Modeling
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,003 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The postdoctoral researcher will contribute to modeling efforts through the Institute for Modeling Collaboration & Innovation (IMCI ). This individual will be housed in IMCI (www.imciuidaho.org/) and will participate in collaborative interdisciplinary research. The position will be supported jointly by two major grants: an NIH center grant that engages in a wide range of modeling and an NSF grant focused on using molecular, statistical and mathematical modeling to understand how variations in protein sequence map to phenotypes.
- Education: Ph.D. by the time of appointment in statistics, data science, or a related discipline.
- Experience: statistical modeling demonstrated by publications in the field.
- Skills: computer programming; evidence of strong written and oral communication.
- Ability: to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with genetics; protein structure and function; data interoperability.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002359P
Posting Date: 11/21/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applications submitted by January 3, 2020.
Applicants are required to:
- Address how they meet each of the required qualification and any applicable preferred qualifications within their letter of qualification.
- Upload a PDF containing up to three of their publications or submitted manuscripts to the Other Document 1 field.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1721579
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.