We are seeking applications for a postdoc position from outstanding candidates with a keen interest in antimicrobial drug discovery and new target identification. You will be a member of a diverse and innovative group of scientists discovering and developing new antimicrobials for the treatment of infectious diseases and drug-resistant pathogens.
Successful candidates will use and develop techniques for identifying the molecular target of small molecules (antimicrobials, antibiotics, antifungal). The techniques used may be biochemical-based and microbiological-based approach, biophysics, genetics, chemical biology, proteomics or other disciplines. The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will lead independent research projects within the Group in order to jointly achieve the objectives of our program on the “Identification and validation of novel antimicrobial targets in multidrug resistant pathogens”. The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will work on specific projects which may include identification and validation of novel antimicrobial targets and characterization of molecular mechanisms of drug resistance.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Must have a Ph.D in related field
- First author peer-reviewed publications
- Prior research experience in target identification or antimicrobial drug discovery and evidence of project development as well as experience in identification and development of therapeutic targets.
- Desire to grow and develop skills to become an independent Investigator
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to supervise Graduate students as relevant for research activities
- Perform and publish high-quality research relevant to the mission of the lab.
- Desire to contribute in grant writing and seeking extramural grant funding in next 1-3 years
Above all, we are looking for creative minds with genuine interest and drive to accelerate the search for better antimicrobial treatments. To apply, interested individuals should email their CV, a cover letter summarizing research interests, and contact information for three references to Dr. Mohamed Seleem (email@example.com)
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.