A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the Michigan Center for Translational Pathology (MCTP), under the direction of Arul Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD. The focus of study for this position will be cancer biology and genomics as well as a postdoctoral position focused on bioinformatics.
- The ideal candidate will possess a graduate degree (MD and/or PhD) with relevant experience in genomics/cancer biology or bioinformatics.
- Outstanding PhD thesis and/or impactful publication record
- Must possess energy and drive to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new and innovate processes.
The Michigan Center for Translational Pathology (MCTP) is a collaborative effort to foster research advances in molecular medicine and apply those advances as quickly as possible to benefit patient care. The mission of our Center is to establish the University of Michigan as an international leader in discovery and characterization of disease biomarkers and therapeutic targets using an integrated multi-disciplinary, systems biology approach and establish a new paradigm of bringing personalized medicine to routine clinical care through the use of high-throughput sequencing. More information on MCTP can be found on our website: http://mctp.med.umich.edu.