Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences has an exciting opportunity available to join a cancer pharmacology lab that utilizes pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), and quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) approaches to study brain tumors. Persons with expertise in systems biology, physics, machine learning, stochastic models and other computational approaches interested in anticancer drugs are encouraged to apply.
The position is in the lab of James M. Gallo at the University at Buffalo. The department is a premier research unit with a storied tradition of excellence in PK/PD research. Ongoing projects are in anticancer drug development, drug resistance, cell state, epigenetics and tumor heterogeneity. The ultimate goals are to advance precision medicine and bridge preclinical and clinical drug development paradigms.
The scientist will join a highly interactive department with a central focus of PK/PD/QSP modeling, and have opportunities to interact with highly talented graduate students, and scientists within the university.
Please apply at UB Jobs; http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/19064
• Investigate computational approaches to develop QSP models.
• Analyze large data sets in support of QSP models.
• Participate in lab meetings and contribute to the training of students and lab personnel in advanced modeling methods.
• Provide reports based on your work for publications and extramural funding applications.
• Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Pharmacometrics, Systems Biology/Pharmacology or a related field.
• Demonstration of mathematical modeling & computer simulation experience; preferably related to biomedical/pharmaceutical applications.
• Expertise in Python.
The University at Buffalo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE).