POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS in Prostate Cancer Research Unit
IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy.
A fully funded postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Professor Alberto Briganti (Urological Research Institute – https://research.hsr.it/en/institutes/urological-research-institute.html). The Department of Urology of IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele is one of the most experienced centers worldwide in the surgical treatment of prostate cancer and fully involved in several pre-clinical and clinical studies. At San Raffaele Hospital the state-of-the-art equipment and the already established strong interactions between biologists and clinicians are responsible for the excellent reputation of the Hospital at international level.
The research project will focus on unraveling the immunological landscape of prostate cancer microenvironment with the goal of manipulating the immune component to promote anti-tumor immunity. The ideal candidate, with a Ph.D. degree, should have a solid experience working with syngeneic, orthotopic, and genetically engineered mouse models and expertise in one or more of the following techniques:
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry (sample staining and knowledge of analytical software such as Flowjo).
- Mouse and human cell culture; both primary cells as well as cell lines.
- Immunofluorescent staining, imaging and fluorescent microscopy.
- Familiarity with genomic analytical platforms such as RNA-sequencing and gene editing techniques (shRNA, siRNA)
- Patient-derived xenograft models
Post-doctoral fellows will conduct independent and collaborative studies focusing on both basic and clinically-relevant translational studies. Moreover, we will implement the participation at scientific meetings, membership in relevant scientific organizations, and applying for training grants will be encouraged and supported. The Urological research Institute collaborates with prominent universities from all around the world, which ensures opportunities for international exchanges.
Candidates with prior research experience in prostate cancer are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send the following materials, preferably as a single PDF file, by email to email@example.com (http://albertobriganti.com) :
- Cover letter indicating current and future research interests
- Expected starting date
- Curriculum vitae (with e-mail address and phone number)
- Summary of previous research experience
- Names and contact information for 2 references