Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Postdoctoral Fellow – T-Cell Therapy – Analytical Development
Seeking a creative researcher for a postdoctoral position in the Analytical Development group within Pharma Technical Development at Genentech to investigate and establish innovative analytical technologies to support cell therapy development. The successful candidate is expected to work independently in a team setting to develop and eventually implement an analytical platform to effectively support the end-to-end cell therapy development.
The candidate will collaborate with internal (Research and other Pharma Tech Development groups) and external partners to support the development of novel analytical methods with a complex mechanism of action.
Who You Are
• A Ph.D. with 0-2 years of postdoc experience in Biological Sciences such as biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, and other related fields. A strong background in cancer immunology, T cell biology, or stem cell biology areas are preferred.
• Autologous or allogeneic Cell Therapy engineering or analysis experience are highly preferred.
• Expertise in single-cell analysis platform technologies (e.g., RNA seq, NGS,
• nanostring, IsoPlexis) with related publications is desirable.
• Experience in multicolor flow cytometry are preferred
• Experienced in mammalian cell culture and related assays (e.g., PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, cell-based assays) are preferred
• Strong collaborative, communication, and organizational skills.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.