Postdoctoral Fellow, Cellular and Molecular Biology – Discovery Unit
Stark Labs is located on the campus of the Pasteur Institute in Lille, France. We are developing senotherapeutics using cell-based targeted therapies for age-related diseases.
We are seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow to join our Discovery Unit. The successful candidate will start in the lab of our academic collaborator located at the Blizzard Institute in London (Queen Mary University of London). (S)he will learn extracellular vesicle isolation and characterization techniques in the O’Loghlen lab for six months before moving to Stark Labs in Lille.
We are looking for a highly motivated biologist who has hands on experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based models of disease, as well as performing/developing cellular and biochemical assays. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, passionate candidate to eventually set up and lead many projects within the company. This post starts in London and after six months will be permanently based at the Stark Labs headquarter labs in Lille. As the project evolves, there may be travel between the two labs.
- Minimum of PhD degree in cell, molecular biology, immunology or related fields with an additional 2-5 years of scientific experience (preferably in industry).
- Experience with in vitro cell culture – ideally mammalian primary cells from multiple tissues of origin (mass spectrometry experience is a plus).
- Experience in qPCR, FACS, western blotting, imaging and cell death/survival/immunology assays.
- Experience in performing data analysis independently (previous biostatistics and basic computational knowledge are favourable).
- Strong problem-solving, communication and team-working skills.
Please, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line SL2020QMUL. (Only applications sent to this email address will be considered).