Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Associate – functional and bio materials
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) invites post-doctoral researcher level applicants to apply for this position with the focus on functional and bio materials
The successful candidates will join the research centre led by Professor Kourosh Kalantar-Zadeh at the Faculty of Engineering. They will work with a group of interdisciplinary scientists on functional and bio materials.
• Level A – A$95,449 – A$102,091 + 9.5% superannuation
• 18-month fixed term contract, with possible extension
• Full-time position
• UNSW Kensington campus – Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The School of Chemical Engineering has been delivering excellent teaching and research for over sixty-five years. For further information about the School please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/chemical-engineering/
About the successful applicant
• Postgraduate degree (or soon to be rewarded) in one of the fields of Chemical, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Pharmacy and Biochemistry or other related fields.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision
• Demonstrated track record of high-quality research outputs, publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity in at least one of the fields of chemistry, materials science, electronics, optics and biochemistry
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students
• Knowledge of equal opportunity principles
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Candidates will be encouraged to contribute to the writing of future grant applications.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the position description via the link, 498896 Position Description – Research Associate – Level A – CEIC.pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
T: +61 2 9385 0708
Applications close: 11:50pm, Sunday 8th March 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.