Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The postdoctoral fellow position is for early career scientist trainees to receive a rigorous scientific training at Regeneron under the auspices of a scientist mentor for up to four years. Fellows will be expected to conduct creative exploratory research that results in publications.
The program will consist of:
• Up to four years of formal postdoctoral training in a program co-Directed by award-winning and published educators, both of whom are working scientists at Regeneron devoted to training postdoctoral fellows
• Exposure to the biotechnology industry’s most successful and innovative scientists
• Opportunities to pursue cutting-edge, creative biomedical research in a prestigious, well- resourced, and highly driven industry environment
• Weekly postdoctoral scientist meetings to foster scientific rigor, creative thinking, critical reasoning, and career advancement
• Encouragement of scholarly productivity such as publications and conference presentations
As part of your Postdoctoral Training Program, you will:
• Conduct forward-looking, innovative, and creative research to address a novel scientific question of your choice under the auspices of a scientist mentor
• Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
• Have the opportunity to assist with mentoring and teaching interns and other more junior trainees
• Participate in postdoctoral program activities such as weekly meetings and the annual research conference
• Present data internally, including at lab meetings, trainee meetings, and company-wide seminars
• Provide ongoing reports of research progress to supervisors and program staff
Experience and Required Skills:
• Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
• Scientists looking for their first or second postdoctoral training
• Superior scientific skills including critical and analytical thinking
• Demonstrated publication success as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact dynamically and constructively with scientific peers, and cross-functionally when applicable
• Note: occasional travel
Applications Accepted: October 1, 2019 – December 1, 2019
Letters of recommendation are required. (Please find additional details in online application)
- You are required to submit at least two letters of recommendation to Postdoctoral@regeneron.com, no later than December 1, 2019.
Applications received after December 1, 2019 may not be considered.
Following the close date, please allow 3-4 months for review and interviews.
Targeted Start Date: Summer 2020
If you have an issue submitting or any questions, please email: email@example.com.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.