Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow in Population Analytics. Janssen Pharma R&D seeks an innovative postdoc with expertise in statistical and computational techniques including experience managing and analyzing big data to support our pharmaceutical and/or biomedical research, drug discovery and development. He/she will be part of the Computational Sciences group in the Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen Pharma R&D. He/she will be part of the Population Analytics team which supports longitudinal, prospective, population-based studies that take into account individual variability in genes, environment and lifestyle and exploits the knowledge gained to increase understanding and interception of disease. This postdoc will integrate electronic health record data with that from multiple ’omics platforms to form predictive models and apply them to address questions of interest in our therapeutic areas.
We seek an individual with strong training and experience in applied quantitative methods. Candidates should possess outstanding communication skills as well as broad biological interests that will enable them to facilitate interactions between laboratory-based and computational scientists in our Therapeutic Areas and Disease Area Strongholds. He/she will help manage the delivery of scientific analyses in support of our R&D teams and collaborators within and outside Janssen. He/she will perform and publish high-quality research relevant to the mission of the organization. He/she will effectively communicate data and results to our stakeholders within and outside of J&J and work effectively with colleagues across J&J sectors.
The postdoc will span two years, with the possibility of an additional year. The postdoc will participate in training and development sessions & workshops such as the global Janssen Postdoc Program, as well as attend and present at external conferences. He/She will receive guidance and mentoring to participate and contribute to ongoing efforts focused on the search for safe and effective therapies. The goal is to help him/her integrate into and develop an understanding of the pharmaceutical environment, develop skills needed for maximizing potential and network within our enterprise.
This position can be based in Springhouse, PA, La Jolla, CA, or San Francisco, CA.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Ph.D. in computational sciences, mathematics/statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, genetics/genomics, or bioinformatics.
- Strong computing and data management skills are required.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Experience with bioinformatics, genetic epidemiology, computational/statistical genetics is preferred.
- Experience with machine learning approaches such as random forests, neural networks, etc. is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)