The Postdoctoral Fellow performs basic research duties under the supervision/direction of a Principal Investigator. The preferred candidate will have experience in any of the following: mouse genetics, electrophysiology, neuroanatomy, mouse stereotaxic surgeries, assay development, or molecular biology. Selected Postdoc will learn emerging methods in systems biology, multiple-omics modeling, drug repositioning, cellular and tissue imaging, and high content screening and work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
Application submissions should include: CV, names of three references, and a cover letter describing research interest and background. Please send to: email@example.com
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator’s laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- M.D. or Ph.D required. (A letter from the academic institution certifying that all student work is complete will be considered for Postdoctoral Fellow 0 only)
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience requirements will vary depending on the field of research.
- Postdoctoral Fellow 0– no Postdoc experience required
- Postdoctoral Fellow 1– one year of Postdoc experience
- Postdoctoral Fellow 2 – two years of Postdoc experience
- Postdoctoral Fellow 3 – three years of Postdoc experience
- Postdoctoral Fellow 4 – four years of Postdoc experience
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Not applicable
- SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in biomedical research required.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Research laboratory environment