State-of-the-art medicine and nursing care you can rely on
Since being founded in 1815, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen has offered medicine of the highest standard and incorporated the latest insights from medical research and state-of-the-art equipment into diagnosis and therapy. More than 7,500 employees from approximately 50 different occupations are needed to provide the wide range of services offered by Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, ensuring our patients receive the very best care around the clock.
Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/x) for the Department of Surgery (AG PD Dr. Weber)
The research group “Cellular immunity in inflammation and cancer” (AG Weber) at the Translational Research Center, Department of Surgery, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, will start a new project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). We will investigate the migratory and functional contribution of pleural space immune cells during inflammation and cancer (on the basis of Weber et al., JEM 2014). To address these questions we will develop new experimental approaches and use state-of-the-art animal models, various imaging technologies to identify cell biology at multiple resolutions (from the whole animal to a single cell), classical cell biology tools, and molecular profiling. In a translational approach we will test the hypotheses using human samples.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious postdoctoral fellow with expertise in immunology and/or tumor immunology. Within this project, the candidate will design innovative concepts for investigating the role of pleural space T cells during pulmonary inflammation and pleural space B cells and macrophages during pulmonary carcinogenesis by performing immunologic (FACS), trafficking (adoptive transfer), and genetic (Microarray, NGS) analysis of murine and human tissue samples. The qualified applicant will publish scientific results in high-ranking journals and present the results at international conferences.
Essential experience / qualifications:
- Applicants should hold a PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, immunology, or a related field, and have a track record of excellent first-author publications
- Excellent expertise in state-of-the-art in vivo animal models, immunological techniques including FACS analysis and sorting, molecular and cellular biology, in vitro experiments and ex vivo analysis, ELISA / ELISPOT, Western Blot, and proliferation assays
- Profound knowledge of immunology, tumor immunology, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in English are mandatory
- A secure, interesting position as part of a motivated, open team
- A thorough and qualified induction, and support in your new challenge
- Varied and responsible tasks with individual opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
- A wide range of services for promoting a healthy lifestyle
- All public service benefits, including supplementary benefits from the Federal and State Government Pension Fund (VBL)
- A family-friendly environment and, if applicable, places in University accommodation
- Professional experience can be taken into account when calculating total period of employment
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV with publications, cover letter, certificates, expected availability date, and 2–3 references by 13 December 2019. Please submit your documents preferably via e-mail (in one single PDF document) to make the selection process faster and more effective.
- Pay grade is determined depending on qualifications and personal requirements according to E 13 TV-L
- The position is initially for a fixed term of 36 month
- The position is full-time
- The starting date is as soon as possible
- Deadline for applications: 13.12.2019
- Additional information: http://www.uk-erlangen.de/karriere/hinweise-fuer-bewerber/
phone: +49 9131 85-39522
Chirurgische Klinik (AG Weber)
Translational Research Center