The Rangaraju Lab at the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI) is currently accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. We are seeking highly qualified and driven candidates to join our group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Rangaraju Lab focuses on the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying neuronal energy use and supply during plasticity. Particularly, we are interested in:
- How is neuronal plasticity linked to mitochondrial function; how do the energy demands of neuronal plasticity drive mitochondrial energy synthesis?
- How are the energy supplies such as mitochondria and glycolytic machinery specialized in neuronal compartments such as dendrites and axons? What are the molecular components underlying such specialization?
- How are the cytosolic and mitochondrial translation systems coordinated to optimize mitochondrial protein synthesis and function in neuronal compartments?
The postdoctoral fellow will pursue some of the research questions mentioned above and their own independent ideas. We will employ state-of-the-art imaging including ATP measurements, 2p glutamate uncaging, super-resolution and electron microscopy. In addition, we will use advanced proteomics and translatomics methods and develop novel molecular tools when required.
Education and/or Experience
A PhD in Neuroscience or a relevant scientific discipline is required. A strong background in imaging, proteomics, molecular and cell biology is preferred. Strong analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to fit in well with a team are required.
Employer: Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience
Location: Jupiter, Florida
For more information & to apply online visit https://mpfi.org/institute/careers/#home/position-details/5e18eb564d66ec00155bc807/.
In addition to submitting your information on this website, please send the following information to Dr. Vidhya Rangaraju (Vidhya.Rangaraju@mpfi.org):
- Statement of research experience and future research interests (1-2 pages)
- Names and complete contact information of three references