The Vijayanand laboratory at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in San Diego is seeking a number of highly motivated postdoctoral candidates for positions in immunology, genomics and computational biology. The Vijayanand lab employs genomic tools, genetics and computational approaches to understand the immunological basis of human diseases such as cancer, asthma and COVID-19.
Please review the following papers, and respond with your interest and CV to Research and Administrative Assistant Claire Roney (firstname.lastname@example.org) IN ADDITION TO completing the online application.
Publications to Review
- Eschweiler S, Clarke J, Ramirez-Suastegui C, Panwar B, Madrigal A, Chee SJ, Karydis I, Woo E, Alzetani A, Elsheikh S, Hanley CJ, Thomas GJ, Friedmann PS, Sanchez-Elsner T, Ay F, Ottensmeier CH, Vijayanand P. Intratumoral follicular regulatory T cells curtail anti-PD-1 treatment efficacy. Nat Immunol. 2021 Aug;22(8):1052-1063. doi: 10.1038/s41590-021-00958-6. Epub 2021 Jun 24. PMID: 34168370.
- Kusnadi A, et al. Severely ill COVID-19 patients display impaired exhaustion features in SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD8+ T cells. Sci Immunol. 2021. PMID: 33478949.
- Meckiff BJ, et al. Imbalance of Regulatory and Cytotoxic SARS-CoV-2-Reactive CD4+ T Cells in COVID-19. Cell. 2020. PMID: 33096020.
- Chandra V, et al. Promoter-interacting expression quantitative trait loci are enriched for functional genetic variants. Nat Genet. 2021 PMID: 33349701.
- Seumois G, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of allergen-specific T cells in allergy and asthma. Sci Immunol. 2020. PMID: 32532832.
- Clarke J, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of tissue-resident memory T cells in human lung cancer. J Exp Med. 2019. PMID:31227543.
- Benjamin J. Schmiedel, et al. Impact of genetic polymorphisms on human immune cell gene expression. Cell. 2018 PMID: 30449622
In 2021, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 20 world-renowned faculty and over 200 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 20+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.
With over 20 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.