Postdoctoral fellow in computational protein design
The research will be carried out in the research group of Ingemar André (http://andrelab.biochemistry.lu.se/) at the department of Biochemistry and Structural Biology, Lund University (https://lunduniversity.lu.se), Sweden.
The researcher should work on developing computational methods to design higher order protein assemblies such as protein capsids. The position is within an ERC project where the goal is to develop computational and experimental methods for de novo design of large protein assemblies using a geometric shape-based protein design paradigm. This is an opportunity to work with and learn state of the art computational protein design.
The researcher will be tasked in computational method development for structure-based computational protein design. Custom-made programs will be developed for adapting geometric shape matching approaches to protein design and design algorithms will be developed in the Rosetta macromolecular modeling suite. The researcher will also work with the experimental members of the team that will be involved in experimental testing of computationally designed proteins. This may involve some assistance with supervision of PhD and master students.
• Interest in protein design
• PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics, physical chemistry or similar not older than 3 years at the application deadline. Under special circumstances, the doctoral degree can have been completed earlier.
• Experience of development of computation methods in molecular science backed up by scientific publications and/or publicly available code
• Skilled programmer
• Solid understanding of protein structure and interactions
• Good collaborative skills, drive and independence
• Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Good written and oral skills in English.
Instructions for application
The application should be submitted through Lund University electronic application system. More information about the position, requirements and how to apply is found at https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:304539/type:job/where:4/apply:1. Deadline for application is the 4th February 2020.
General information about how to apply to positions at Lund University is found at https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/about/work-at-lund-university/applying-for-a-position.