Wan lab at Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Molecular Oncology is dedicated to understanding how protein post-translational modifications shape the proteomic network and how cancer cells rewiring central signaling pathways to gain proliferative advantage as well as to escape immune surveillance. The lab uses multidisciplinary approaches to address a very dynamic range of scientific questions in cancer biology and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in basic molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques including cloning, virus delivery system, CRISPR/Cas9 system, DNA/RNA manipulation, protein purification, and immunoblot.
- With mouse modeling and small animal imaging experience.
- Basic imaging techniques including immunofluorescence, living color imaging.
- Basic bioinformatics skills.
- Previous flow cytometry and immunology experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in proteomics and/or next-generation sequencing is a plus.
- Work with PI on the project planning; design and conduct experiments independently; document and organize the data routinely.
- Learn and develop research techniques and lab protocols.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Work with collaborators and core facility staff on interdisciplinary experiments.
- Supervise graduate students.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Genetics or related.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Lixin Wan (Lixin.Wan@moffitt.org).
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.