State-of-the-art medicine and nursing care you can rely on
Since being founded in 1815, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen has offered medicine of the highest standard and incorporated the latest insights from medical research and state-of-the-art equipment into diagnosis and therapy. More than 7,500 employees from approximately 50 different occupations are needed to provide the wide range of services offered by Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, ensuring our patients receive the very best care around the clock.
Postdoctoral fellow for the Department of Surgery (AG PD Dr. Weber)
The research group “Cellular immunity in inflammation and cancer” (AG Weber) at the Translational Research Center, Department of Surgery, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, will start a new project for liquid biopsy analysis of pancreatic cancer disease funded by the German federal ministry of education and research.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious postdoctoral fellow with expertise in (tumor) immunology and molecular biology. Within this project, the candidate will design innovative concepts for precise liquid biopsy analysis of pancreatic cancer disease by performing immunologic (FACS) and genetic (Microarray, NGS) analysis of human and murine cancer and control specimen (fresh tissue, organoids, exosomes, DNA/RNA). The qualified applicant will publish scientific results in high-ranking journals and present the results at international conferences.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, immunology, or a related field, and have a track record of excellent first-author publications
- Excellent expertise in immunological, molecular and cellular biology techniques are mandatory
- Profound knowledge of cancer biology, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in English are mandatory
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV with publications, cover letter, certificates, expected availability date, and 2-3 references, until September 30th, 2019. Please submit your documents preferably via email (in one single PDF document) to make the selection process faster and more effective.
- Pay grade is determined depending on qualifications and personal requirements according to TV-L E13
- The position is initially for a fixed term of 30 month
- The position is fulltime
- The starting date is next time
- Deadline for applications: 30.09.2019
- Additional information: http://www.uk-erlangen.de/karriere/hinweise-fuer-bewerber/
- A secure, interesting position as part of a motivated, open team
- A thorough and qualified induction, and support in your new challenge.
- Varied and responsible tasks with individual opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
- A wide range of services for promoting a healthy lifestyle
- All public service benefits, including supplementary benefits from the Federal and State Government Pension Fund (VBL).
- A family friendly environment and, if applicable, places in University accommodation
- Professional experience can be taken into account when calculating total period of employment
Chirurgische Klinik (AG Weber)
Translational Research Center