Post-Doctoral Fellow Opportunity
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is the largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital in Canada, as well as one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. Our services are delivered to help transform the lives of people affected by mental illness and addictions. Our goal is to tailor treatment to each individual, providing patient-centered, comprehensive, coordinated care.
CAMH is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow to support ground breaking meta-analytical research in the General Adult and Health Systems Psychiatry Division under the supervision of Dr. Andre F. Carvalho. The position will be for 1-year with potential extension to a second year. This position will involve knowledge around meta-analytical approaches, systematic literature reviews, and statistical methodology. The position will require a highly experienced health-related research background and the ideal candidate will be capable of conducting daily tasks with minimal supervision. Primary responsibilities include conducting systematic literature reviews, preparing draft reports and supporting grant submissions. The individual will support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable CAMH policies, as well as all regulatory and legislative requirements. This position is located at 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario.
The successful candidate must have a PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Informatics, Psychometrics, or a related degree.
• Previous experience in systematic literature review
• Previous experience with study design, data management, and data analysis
• Previous experience in interpreting analysis results and preparing statistical reports and manuscripts for publication
• Proficiency with statistical software packages, including R
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and database software packages.
• The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills, along with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
• The candidate will be detail-oriented, possess analytical thinking skills, and be able to exercise initiative and good judgment.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask and produce high-quality, accurate work while meeting program deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and liaise with study investigators
• Ability to work effectively in a variety of settings with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org