About the company:
Do you want to join a quickly growing start-up and be on the forefront of an innovative way of developing anti-viral drugs? We are Hybridize Pharma, a new player in the RNA therapeutics field that is developing innovative anti-viral solutions for a variety of indications. As a company, we are currently broadening our anti-viral platform to target both common viruses that impact global health as well as rare viruses that oftentimes are less attractive for more established pharmaceutical companies to target.
We are based in the Bioscience Park in Leiden, the Netherlands. In close collaboration with the Leiden University Medical Center, we are developing first line of defence anti-viral therapeutic options for clinicians, enabling them to treat patients more effectively.
Position: Research Scientist – Bioinformatic specialist
Fixed term (1.5 years) at the Leiden University Medical Center with an option for a permanent position at Hybridize Pharma
• You will be responsible for data management and are capable of analyzing big data
• Key role in drug design
• Implementation of FAIR principles with respect to data management (FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and resuable)
• Actively participate in scientific discussions (lab meetings) and regular 1:1 sessions with project co-ordinator
• MSc degree (preferably Ph.D in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Virology)
• Considerable expertise with predictive modelling of RNA folding and as an upside experience with RNA splicing
• Strong programming and scripting skills with a broad variety of packages, including R, Python, Matlab, Contrafold and/or RNAz
• Knowledge of diverse RNA-based therapeutic approaches and their relation between the computational and wet-lab setting
• Enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills
What Hybridize Pharma and the Leiden University Medical Center has to offer you:
• Standing at the frontline of developing RNA-based anti-viral therapies of the future
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• An opportunity to hone your skill set at both the academic and business-oriented setting
• A position in a highly qualified team whose ambition is as great as yours
• A chance to make a difference in patient lives
• Flexible hours in a dynamic working environment
If you would like to know more about Hybridize Pharma and the Leiden University Medical Center, this position and our offer, click on the ‘Apply’ button and provide us with a very brief cover letter (please, don’t spend hours writing this) and your CV. Let us know how soon you can join our team and let us know what you’re hoping to earn (salary indication). We’re looking forward to meeting you (likely in these Covid-19 times this will happen online).
About the company: