Summary: The Pachitariu Lab at HHMI Janelia is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to lead projects that investigate the neural basis of cognition in rodents. The lab uses large-scale neural recordings combined with modern computational and theoretical approaches. Learn more about our work here
This position is available immediately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design novel behavioral paradigms in mice
- Combine behavior and large-scale neural recordings
- Explore and analyze resulting data with data science techniques
- Participate in collaborative projects with computational researchers.
- PhD in neuroscience / related discipline
- or PhD in a computational field, but interested to start experimental work
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with rodent training
- Experience with neural recordings (ephys or imaging)
- Skills to manage and support interdisciplinary collaborations
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency with Python or Matlab for data analysis
If you want more information, reach out directly to Marius at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.