The Cell Biology/Genomics/Proteomics Laboratory of William E. Balch in the Department of Molecular Medicine at Scripps Research, La Jolla, has an opening for a Genomics Oriented Cell/Systems Based Biologist with interest in mono- and polygenic disease driven by genetic diversity in the population.
A strong interest in candidates who have strength in bridging the worlds of human cell biology and genomics through biochemical and computational technologies to explore application of precision medicine to the clinical management of health and inherited/somatic disease. Potential skill-sets of interest include bench-based culture of human heterologous and primary cell lines including hiPSCs, familiarity with biochemical tools contributing to high-throughput/content analyses, and machine learning computational approaches to analyses of complex data-sets.
Cell Biology, Genotype, Phenotype, Proteomics, Genomics, Genetic Diversity, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Rare Disease, Monogenic, Polygenic, High Content Screening, HTS.
- Contribute to development of novel high-throughput assays to assess impact of genetic diversity on the genotype to phenotype transformation using different gene targets.
- Contribute to validation of genotype to phenotype analyses using machine learning approaches.
- Interest in the genetic diversity driving the biology of human health and disease.
- Ph.D. in Cell/Molecular/Genomics/Systems Biology with interests in computational approaches for analysis of large datasets.
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting both independently and in coordination with other lab members.
Scripps Research, one of the world’s largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science and deep medicine, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. The institute’s philosophy emphasizes the creation of basic knowledge in the biosciences for its application in medicine, the pursuit of fundamental scientific advances through interdisciplinary programs and collaborations, and the education and training of researchers preparing to meet the scientific and medical challenges of the future. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition. Scripps Research’s adherence to the highest scientific standards, emphasis on a multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving, participation in the perpetuation of knowledge through education, and continual pursuit of research excellence provide an unparalleled scientific environment. br>
Applicants should send CV and names and addresses of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org