A research postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Research, at Baylor College of Medicine to join in NIH-funded research projects on inflammation in obesity and atherosclerosis. The projects focus on immune cell activation and related signaling pathways in blood, atherosclerotic lesions, adipose tissue and other metabolic tissues with obesity and/or dyslipidemia, and their role in the development of diabetes and atherosclerosis. The projects involve techniques related to small animals (mice), human specimens, tissue culture, flow cytometry, histology and cell and molecular biology.
Qualified applicants should have a PhD and/or MD degree obtained in recent years, expertise in the above techniques, and high motivation and dedication to biomedical research related to the described fields
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.