At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 000 employees and 40 000 students.
We are looking for dedicated employees to join us.
About the position
A three-year position for a postdoctoral research scientist is available in the research group of professor Thorsten Hamann at the Department of Biology. The research group is interested in the mode of action of the plant cell wall integrity maintenance mechanism. The project will use biochemical, cell biological and molecular methods to characterize cell wall damage perception and signal translation in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana.
A postdoctoral research fellowships is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions. Completion of a Norwegian doctoral degree in [subject area] or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required.
The following achievements, skills and/or knowledge are required:
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Very good skills in biochemical analysis of plant cell wall composition and structure
- Very good knowledge about plant cell biology and / or plant-pathogen interaction
- Very good expertise in standard molecular biological techniques
- Successful track-record in academic teaching at the undergraduate and MSc student level
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, postdoctor and research assistant
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment – DORA.
- Advantageous: Bioinformatics skills
- Advantageous: Basic knowledge in biophysics / biological modelling
- Advantageous: Involvement in outreach activities (like public understanding of science)
- Very good written and oral English language skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Outgoing / social
- Organized / structured
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, research experience and personal suitability, in terms of the qualification requirements specified in the advertisement.
Salary and conditions
Postdoctoral candidates are remunerated in code 1352, and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 515 200 before tax per year. From the salary, 2 % is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The period of employment is 3 years (with teaching duties).
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criterias in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU. After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Questions about the position can be directed to: Professor Thorsten Hamann, e-mail: email@example.com
About the application:
The application should include:
- a cover letter summarizing why the applicant considers him/herself to be qualified for the position advertised.
- a complete CV with certified copies of relevant certificates, diplomas and a complete publication list (Joint publications will be considered. If it is difficult to identify the individual applicant’s contribution to joint works, the applicant must include a brief description of his or her contribution.)
- The names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three references
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number 66/19 when applying.
Application deadline: 30.06.2019
NTNU – knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
The Faculty of Natural Sciences
The Faculty of Natural Sciences is a key player in national and international research and education programmes in natural sciences and technology. Our research focuses on global challenges in the areas of energy, climate, the environment, food, water, health and welfare. The Faculty consists of eight departments as well as the Faculty Administration.