The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The Systems Control Group of the Luxembourg Centre of Systems Biomedicine has the following vacancy:
Postdoc (Research Associate) in (applied) mathematics, physics, or engineering
The Systems Control Group (SCG) seeks a highly skilled Postdoctoral Research Associate. The project, based on synchronization of biological networks, aims to develop mathematical tools to model and analyse systems of interacting agents that evolve on nonlinear spaces. Moreover, it will build detailed multi-agent models of colony life, e.g. amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. The group aims to build and expand on its already existing track record in this area.
For further information, please contact Johan Markdahl (email@example.com).
Hold a Ph.D. degree in (applied) mathematics, physics, or engineering. Have a good understanding of dynamical systems, collective behavior, or control theory. Excellent working knowledge of English is required.
- Full contract for 1 year with the possibility of renewal up to 5 years contingent on performance and availability of funding
- A highly interdisciplinary research environment integrating biologists, physicists, mathematicians, and clinical researchers working in the area of systems biology
- A competitive salary
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A detailed Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter that includes a description of past research experience and future interests (maximum 2 pages)
- Please ask at least three references to email their confidential letters directly to Johan Markdahl (firstname.lastname@example.org) within two weeks after submitting the application
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.