Established in 2007 at the University of Liège, GIGA is an interdisciplinary research
center in biomedical sciences whose mission is advanced medical innovation. The
institute encompasses more than 500 members (PI, senior researchers, post-doctoral
scientists, thesis students, technicians) with expertise in medical genomics, in silico
medicine, neuroscience, oncology, infection and immunity, and cardiovascular sciences.
GIGA provides its members access to a broad range of state-of-the-art technologies
through core facilities, including the genomics platform (http://www.giga.uliege.be/).
GIGA is the only Belgian research center directly integrated within a university
hospital, making it a major player in translational research where links between
researchers and doctors are at the heart of the research activity.
The Laboratory of ANIMAL GENOMICS (www.giga.uliege.be/cms/c_20639/fr/unit-ofanimal-
genomics-home) of the GIGA-MEDICAL GENOMICS
(http://www.giga.uliege.be/cms/c_17588/fr/giga-medical-genomics-accueil) is seeking to hire, as soon as possible, an enthusiastic Post-Doc candidate to work on gut microbiome-related project.
The IBD team in the Animal Genomics lab seeks an energetic and highly motivated
Post-Doc scientist with a PhD degree in Genetics, Bioinformatics or related disciplines.
The candidate must have :
- Strong expertise in cellular and molecular biology. Expertise in microbiome
and NSG is an asset.
- Proficiency in using R/Bioconductor packages as well as
scripting/programming languages (Bash, Perl, Python …). Familiar with Linux environment and computing clusters
- Good spoken and written English
- Determined to work independently and as part of a team, good communication and organizational skills.
* Momozawa Y et al., Nature Communications ; 2018 Jun 21;9(1):2427.
* Huang H et al., Nature. 2017 Jul 13;547(7662):173-178.
* Amininejad L et al., Gastroenterology. 2018 Jun;154(8):2165-2177.
* Momozawa Y et al., Nat Genet. 2011 Jan;43(1):43-7.
- A high profile research project, fully financed by highly competitive grants
- A modern, international and well-equipped research environment with state-of-the-art technological platform
- An attractive salary in an affordable, lively and welcoming environment.
- Funding available for 3 years, the position is available immediately
How to apply?
Please provide a cover letter in which you describe yourself and explain your interest in the position and your long-term career perspectives, a CV including information about your education, previous work experience and expertise, and two references with contact information. Documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained at the same email addresses.