We are recruiting talented molecular and cell biologists, who are interested in studying fundamental mechanism of protein secretion in mammalian cells. In particular, the candidate will be investigating (i) how various membrane trafficking machineries are spatially organized on the cytosolic face of the Golgi apparatus; (ii) the novel role of KDEL receptor on the cell surface during cellular regeneration. Our research focus on: Intracellular vesicles transport; mechanism of neurotransmitter secretion. Group website,http://slst.shanghaitech.edu.cn/english/2018/1227/c4833a38418/page.htm
1. Ph.D.degree in one of the following majors; Biochemistry, Cell biology or related fields.
2. Candidates with experience in advanced imaging techniques, including live imaging and super-resolution microscopy, will be given preference.
3. For research assistant professor position, minimum 3 years of postdoc training in prestigious research universities in US and Europe is required.
4. Good publication records in recent 3 years.
5. Strong communication and writing skill in English.
6. ShanghaiTech University offers internationally competitive salary and benefit packages for the employees.
The annual salary will be decided based on the University salary scale, and the experience and qualification of the candidate.
All postdocs in ShanghaiTech will have access to various social benefits provided by the university, including an in-campus accommodation and a contribution to the social security.
The initial term of this post is 24 months, but the term can be extended up to 4 years, with the possibility of the promotion to Research Assistant Professor.
Please email a CV and a research statement (2 pages) and also arrange three letters of reference in English, directly sent to firstname.lastname@example.org